Friday, November 09, 2012

Here She Is!

I've written this post in my head several times, and even in actuality once--but accidentally deleted it before I published it--and those times it was nice and long with details.

This afternoon I have about five minutes to post this, but I figure that's better than nothing!  Funny how having a newborn makes you terribly efficient and inefficient at the same time.

Here she is, Sarah Grace Elisabeth Hartfield, born October 2, 2012:


She was literally seconds old when my husband and I both realized she's a carbon copy--virtually identical--to Grayson, who doesn't look like either one of us!  That was such a surprise.  Seriously, they are twins separated by 8 years.  I love it!!


I think she is about three weeks old here, with her fan club.  The kids adore her, think everything she does is absolutely wonderful, and are amazing helpers!  It has been so much fun to have a baby after a long space, because my other three are all old enough to cherish her.  She has it good, no doubt!

We named her Sarah after me and after another Sarah I admire very much, Grace because she's a gift I didn't think I'd ever receive, and Elisabeth after both Addie (her middle name is also Elisabeth) and Elisabeth Elliot, who was the original inspiration for Addison's middle name.  We call her Sarah Grace, except for Caiden, who still calls her "Baby."  He is head-over-heels in love with her.

It has been a big adjustment having a newborn in the house again.  I'd gotten used to having independence and sleep and a normal body!  But it has been so good to hold a warm, soft little lovey all the time, and I am enjoying this even more than I did the last time.  Even the lack of sleep isn't really bothering me, nearly six weeks in.  I know how fast it goes, and because she's probably our last, I intend to cherish every minute.  It's so fun to watch my children graft her in to their little sibling club and adore her simply because she's "theirs"!

And of course, one of the biggest delights of having her is seeing this little girl finally get her very own sister:


It is so sweet to think that I have daughters now!  I'm already dreaming up girl trips and girl traditions for the three of us!!






Worth every labor pain, sleepless night, interrupted moment--these four children have been the greatest blessing.  I am so thankful.


(And now Grayson has found me and told me Caiden would like a break--he's been holding her the last hour while she sleeps, so I could get something done.  So I'm heading back to love on our little bundle!)


20 comments:

  1. Well, how precious! Yes, time does go by so fast and you don't realize that with the first one, but any after that, you do. I only had two children but if I had it to do over, I'd enjoy them more than I did and I thought I enjoyed them a bunch at the time. :o)

    You have such a beautiful family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful, Sarah! Congratulations. I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have been following you on Twitter and have enjoyed the pictures. I totally think Grayson looks just like you and so does Baby Sarah. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you over her arrival, Sarah! So happy for you and your beautiful family. (Is Baby Sarah's darling lavender dress handmade?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a gift:-) Love her name, and the obvious adoration of her siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! For the past month, every morning when I check Google Reader, the first thing I do is scan down to see if there's a (1) next to your blog. I've been anxiously awaiting this introduction! :-) She's just beautiful, as was expected, and I'm so thrilled for you, your husband, and your children. The holidays will hold an extra sparkle for you all this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Keri, I've been checking daily to see if she had arrived! I'm so happy for you; she's beautiful! I can identify with all your sentiments after having 2 little girls 9 years after my first two. I'm surprised your name choice wasn't done by committee. :)

    Tara, my youngest, never cried. She was a good baby, but I realized later that every time she made any little noise that might lead to crying there was always someone there to soothe or meet a need. Babies of the family are treasures (as are the rest!) Truly, enjoy every minute! I tried my best to do so and it was wonderful!

    Just so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo adorable. Thanks for introducing her to us! Glad you are enjoying every minute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations from Arizona! My first thought when I saw her was that she looked like Grayson. You have a lovely family to enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww she is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It seems that I'm not the only one who has been anxious to hear of her arrival, even though I have only been encouraged by your words through a screen. She is beautiful and looks very much loved by big brothers and sister. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, Congratulations. LOVE the pic of you and your girl-s.
    I think Sarah looks just like Addie but what do I know, lol. She is precious, Sarah. Enjoy every fleeting moment, as I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, I'm so happy for your family! Sarah Grace is going to prove a wonderful addition to your gorgeous family! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your lovely new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah Grace is just precious! I loved seeing all of the pictures and hearing how her older siblings just adore her. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is absolutely precious, and all the photos of the sibling love are DARLING! Congratulations. Her name is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations. what a great blessing. I stalked your blog waiting for news that you had your baby.

    I love the joy you have for your family. I have it too. Enjoy every minute.

    A fellow Jesus lover and homeschooler.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't realize this post was here - guess I've been busy with family stuff too, since her arrival. I love how much you love being a mother - best compliment I could ever receive from you to my own mothering of you. You make me proud in so many ways. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Sarah! I am so behind, but congratulations to you all and especially sweet Sarah Grace for getting such a wonderful family. She is a gift. I am so happy to see you with such a beautiful smile. The kiddos are all so big these days! Oh my, how time flies by! Hope the holidays were wonderful and Santa good.
    Gwen..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah -- Congratulations on a beautiful, beautiful blessing! She is precious. It has been awhile since I visited your blog, because I took a hiatus from my own blog and all blog reading...God has been working in my heart and also in my family...priorities!!! However, you came to my mind just the other day and discovered that you had your precious new love.
    Praying that you are filled with lovely moments of baby goodness.... blessings for your sweet family!!
    My oldest daughter (of 4 girls) was born Oct. 4th... :)

    bella @ lildaisies.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!