Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Alive

Just checking in to let you know that we are, indeed, alive. The stomach virus passed by quickly, taking out only Caiden for the most part, and Addison's mysterious virus left at the same time. Good riddance, germs.

In the wake of the sickness, though, my laptop died. And I've been without a sink or kitchen appliances since Sunday night (for our kitchen redo), and I've had to figure out how to live in a house with workmen in my kitchen all week and three children underfoot. And now we're waiting on Rescue Rooter--at midnight, no less--to come fix a nasty leak under the sink. My husband is a great handyman, and even he can't figure out this one. So it's been one of "those" weeks. And it's only Wednesday.

But with the bad comes the good: a pretty new kitchen that's sure to get the house sold (And if it doesn't, then at least I really love my kitchen!), healthy kids, and lots of time to get things done, since I can't cook or really leave the house. It's amazing how much time is left when I can't run errands, use the computer, or prepare meals.

So I just wanted to let you know we're alive, and all is relatively well, excepting the drip-drip-drip I can hear even from the family room. But compared to projectile vomiting, it's the lesser of two evils, I'm quite certain. Even Rescue Rooter can't do much for the stomach virus.

When my laptop is fixed and Easter dinner is digesting, I'll be back. Until then, I hope your kids are healthy, your laptop is behaving, and your sink is leak-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!