Saturday, February 23, 2008

This and That

*I have a new serger I got for my birthday! It's still in the box, though, intimidating me with every glance. I keep thinking I'll need a quiet evening to figure it out. Complicated machines + three noisy children = one grouchy mama. So I'm waiting.

*I had the privilege--and I mean privilege--of sitting a mere few feet away from Bishop T. D. Jakes last night as he preached at the final night of our church conference. Bridget and I said, as we were on our way to the church, that we were excited to see what all the hype was about. On the way home, we just kept saying, "I get it now." The way he weaved his message together to culminate at the end was awe-inspiring, and I was so focused on him in front of me that I could've been sitting between two lions and not noticed. It was remarkable, and I've run out of adjectives to describe it further. To top it off, he's a Diet Coke lover himself. That clinches it for me. (I'm feeling blessed in the preaching department lately--the night before, Brian Houston of Hillsong Church in Sydney spoke, and I get to hear my own pastor, Ed Young, every week. If you're able to come to the C3 Nights services at our conference next year, don't miss it! What a great experience! And I just have to say that the worship/media team did an amazing job. As always :)

*We're on a school break this week. We have six weeks on, one week off throughout the year, and I'm looking forward to getting a few more things off the "Get the House Ready to Sell" list. Although I'd rather have lessons with Caiden than paint baseboards. He's always bummed when we reach a break. His love of books and learning and pencils reminds me of a third-grade me.

*I haven't forgotten the questions I was asked a while ago. I still have several to answer, and I will get to them soon.

*Our camera we bought before Christmas has died. I'm having terrible luck in the camera department. In three years we've gone through three. So no pictures lately, although I'm literally hurting from not being able to send my mother a picture of Grayson's coat I finally finished. It reminds me of Paddington Bear's coat--a knit version. It's dark blue and fastens at the top with four large, wooden buttons. I'm exceptionally proud of it, and Bridget and I agreed we'd love one for ourselves. I also finished the Burda peasant blouse and cargo jeans I sewed for Addison, and a version of that in my size would also be welcome. But no camera, so no pictures. When I finally do get the camera repaired/replaced, I'm going to have some catching up to do!

So that's what we're up to, a little of this and a little of that! I hope your weekend is a happy one! If you're in the area and don't have a church to go to, our pastor is beginning a new message tonight--I'd love to see you there! You can go here for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!